Monday, April 14, 2008

Shape Up!

Today I shaped my own surfboard for the first time, with the help of my friend Ray Promer at Clear Water Glassing in Newport. It took about 3 hours to shape, and now it's ready for glassing, though I'm trying to figure out whether or not to give it a logo or a paint job. It's in the shape of a retro fish, and I can already tell it's going to be a lot of fun- I can't wait to ride it. This may be the beginning of yet another hobby as if I don't already have enough...

At about step 23, seriously


Sanding her down from nose to tail and rail to rail


Shaving down the stringer


Documenting the specs



Now, I just need a logo.... any ideas?



5 comments:

scott and linds said...

instead of a logo, i think you need to look for a maughan- ogram. =) No seriously- nice work! That looks amazing- i'm super jealous.

Tracy said...

Oh boy I miss Southern California. Have you taken your new delight out for a ride yet? Props to scott and lindsey for the kick in the pants "maughan-ogram" pun. Good one. As for a logo, maybe a big fat sweet CTR shield. New you'd like it.

Holly Solgas said...

K now I wanna see pics of your paint job!!!!!!!!!

Melly Mel said...

Jason! That's a rad fish. They are becoming my favorite to ride for small days. Have fun with it. Very ambitious of you.

Ashley Park said...

Jason, I am shocked, this is the second post in a row now where you are fully clothed! However, I will expect there will be some shots on your new ride, shirtless of course! Looks like fun! What did you decide on the mac, you should be able to design something spiffy on there!