Saturday, July 7, 2007

7/7/07 Good Luck

I've been waiting for this day since 2007 started back in January. Originally, my plan was to get married today, since it seems like if luck ever had anything to do with having a successful marriage, what a better day to start that eternal union on then, 7/7/07. Turns out Eva Longoria and Tony Parker thought so too.. as well as thousands and thousands of others. Apparently, back in March, a member of a US wedding planning site said that more than 30,000 weddings were planned for July 7, when in ordinary years only 12,000 couples would choose a Saturday in July for their marriage. And, David's Bridal, the largest US retailer of wedding gowns, says it alone will deliver a record 20,000 gowns for brides for July 7 weddings. That figure is double the peak figure in a normal year, and the company estimates about 65,000 - 70,000 weddings across the country on July 7. I'm starting to feel left out. In Paris this week, one of the city's major department stores, Galeries Lafayette, said it had received 774 wedding lists for 7/7/07, against an average 290 for each of the 13 Saturdays from July to September. So, it's funny, but it seems like when the whole world is faced with some luck, the thing they wish for most is to be lucky in love. So, I'm not getting married today... and I'm feeling pretty good about it. It's a beautiful, hot and sunny day outside (87 degrees right now) and I'm going to go enjoy it.. play some basketball, hit the pool and then maybe go for an evening sail. Btw.. 8/8/08 is the new date.

Sometimes the boat has nice scenery too...
friends Abby, Nichole and Azy

2 comments:

sarah marie. said...

better luck next year. or the next.

Tristen Ure said...

That day totally works for me! I'll be turning 28 on that day...28 on 8-8-08 - it has luck written all over it. You let me know my friend, after all we're getting a little too old to be playing games. And anyways I heard from someone all you wanted was a trophy wife. Well I will have you know that I'm about to drop a few and man do I look good when I'm skinny! So I could actually be a double prize...trophy for looks and can hold a conversation too! It's your call man...