Monday, August 27, 2007

Summer Vacation For Everyone!

If I were the king of the world, I would grant everyone a summer vacation. Of course- I'd need to plan it properly so that not everyone would take their summer vacation all at once. We'd have to do it in shifts and not everyone can go to the same place either. And, only a certain number of employees from each company can go at once, because we can't be shutting down all our businesses for summer vacation. It's a daunting task actually-- to think about scheduling everyone's summer vacation so that it won't negatively affect our economy and global commerce. But, I guess if I'm king of the world, then I just delegate the task of scheduling everyone's summer vacations to the accountants, economists and human resource people of the world, so that I wouldn't have to worry about it. Also, if someone doesn't like the time frame that they were allotted for their summer vacation, they can't get mad at me. I just granted you the month off! Get mad at the people who scheduled it!

I got to thinking about this nonsense because I'm currently on summer vacation, while between jobs and in the process of moving my life from the east coast to the west.

Last week I was in Utah. My sisters Stef and Jess moved back up there and so the whole family was there just kind of hanging out. Mom helped the girls move into there places while Taylor and I ended up going wakeboarding everyday. We have amazing friends that were all about getting us on the lake, for which we can't be grateful enough.

Here are some pictures from the week...


Proper stretching is an important part of wakeboarding if
you're going to pull sick moves like "air railies" and stuff
(or even if your going to try to jump the wake)


C-boff.. just having a good time.. stay tuned for some upcoming
video clips of C-boff going faky and getting agro on the wake


Ryan taking off back there..
and I'm just enjoying paid vacation


sequence shot


T's got me on the better looking afro


This is after all three of us almost fell over backwards in the water
while trying to pose for the following picture..


Chels, Jenn, and J


Whit and J


Our fun little crew
(chels, ryan, whitney, me, jenn)


A little CPK after a day at the pool/on the lake
(aaron, jenn, chelsea, channing, sharla, j)


Alli slices through the water like a sharp knife through butter...


look at the size of that spray... leave some water in the lake Alli!


Stace might as well fix her hair in the mirror a few feet below her


Stace demos clean lines and big sprays


Slalom is fun, but I prefer a wakeboard


The pro water skiers and I
(Alli, me and Stace)


This was Taylor's first time wakeboarding...
he went from barely getting up to jumping off the wake...
see below


Taylor launches off this one.. and pays the price...
by the end of the week he was almost clearing the wake



Meanwhile.. back at the dorms...

the BYU co-eds in Jessica's perfectly decorated dorm room..
complete with her home-made bedspread and pillow cases-- she's so domestic


I'm explaining to Jess.. "if any guy lays a hand on you..."


the maughan kids


the fellas



the end
(ha ha.. yeah it's not that funny)
but seriously, who took this?

1 comment:

Tristen Ure said...

Yo J...Just tell the world to live like me...everyday is Summer vacation!

Glad you're back!